Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Our Loss of Hope

Progressive policies have brought us to a predictable result.   When they see the results of these policies  they double down and blame things like guns, or success, or Conservatives.  President Obama and Attorney General Holder have sued to stop the very background checks that would have prevented this tragedy because such checks are racist.   I feel for the 12 victims but, I also feel for this tortured young man who's anger and hopelessness drove him to this.  I believe in Christ crucified.  Fifty years ago most of us did.  It gave us a common bond, a common strength, a common sense of right and wrong.  I care.  I care so much that I must try and stop what I see as the cause of our pain.  I must try even if it makes you hate me.  Conservatives haven't moved anywhere.  We are right where we were fifty years ago.  It is the Left who has left us and the more I listen to Media Matters and others the more I realize we may have lost any hope of a common understanding.  Whenever the sufferings of life beat down on me I can say, "well I haven't been crucified yet".  This poor soul like so many others had nothing to cling to.  Say I am a believer in fairy tales if you must but, if when we are dead and in the ground my fairy tale has given me hope and strength and yours desperation and despair, I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment