Friday, July 20, 2012

Aurora, Co. and more Christian nonsense

I am saddened by the news from Colorado today. I am sad that a young person would be full of so much hate or despair or whatever that he would want to hurt people this way.
I am saddened that people lost their lives so randomly.
We are only here for a short time preparing for "the next great adventure". Life is so fragile. Here one moment gone the next. It is amazing to me to watch people's hearts get harder and harder to the possibility of the God I believe in. To watch peoples lives become more and more purposeless and hopeless.
I wonder how many we're as prepared as Cassie Bernall was.
My life has been so blessed. I have felt God's presence since my teens. It has given me patience, and purpose.
I watch prophesy from three or four thousand years ago being fulfilled before our eyes and wonder how eyes can be so darkened to it. The rise of hate. The rejection of the things that give life in this "Valley of Tears" any meaning. What we do for and the affect we have on others is really the only thing we leave behind.
I only hope that I can meet my exit from this world with courage and honor. I saw my father exhibit those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment